The interactive exhibit "Moon | Mars VR" makes use of the data provided by the China National Space Administration and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) to create a virtual reality environment of our Moon and the planet Mars, allowing visitors to experience spacewalking on the two celestial bodies and explore the landing sites of Chang'E-4 and Tianwen-1. The exhibit will also introduce the exploration programmes of Chang'E and Tianwen, and the technical support provided by PolyU. Visitors will be able to learn more about the team's research effort and contributions through the visit.
China's aerospace industry has been advancing rapidly, and yielded epoch-making results in both lunar and Mars exploration missions in the past decade. Multi-disciplinary researches conducted by dedicated science teams are pivotal to the success of these missions. PolyU has been participating in multiple deep space explorations and made significant contributions to building devices and analysing data required for the spacecraft to conduct landing and sampling successfully.
Jointly presented by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department and PolyU, this virtual reality exhibit is jointly implemented by the Hong Kong Space Museum and the Planetary Remote Sensing Laboratory, Research Centre for Deep Space Explorations of PolyU and supported by the China National Space Administration and its Information Office.
|Location:||"Hall of the Cosmos" on G/F at the Hong Kong Space Museum|
|Exhibition period:||From 3 December 2022|
"Moon | Mars VR" Exhibit Opening Period and Theme
- The exhibit will be open to the public in sessions at the Hall of the Cosmos at the Hong Kong Space Museum.
- As participants are required to put on a headset provided by the Museum, the exhibit is only suitable for persons aged 13 or above.
- Each session lasts 30 minutes. Limited quota applies in each session, visitors will be taken part on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each participant has at least 3 minutes of usage time. The staff may suitably adjust the usage time allowed for each participant according to the queue length.
- The staff will disinfect the headsets and controllers between each session.