A giant interstellar cloud gave birth to our Solar System about 4.6 billion years ago. Different objects in the system including our Earth, emerged from supernova explosion and violent collisions.
School Show "Birth of Planet Earth" employs advanced and fascinating visualisations to take us back in time to the fiery beginning of our young Solar System, as we explore its birth and evolution along the way. We also turn back the clock to witness the very early days of our planet Earth when it harboured numerous volcanoes and under constant bombardment by cosmic debris. How could it eventually transform itself into a place that allows liquid water to exist and is hospitable for life?
Mon, Wed, Thu and Fri (except public holiday)
10:30am and 11:30am
*Applications for booking of school shows will be accepted if the number of participants satisfies the minimum requirement of 100. In case there are less than 100 participants for a booking, the Museum may arrange for a show at discretion if the total number of participants from all schools under application on the day exceeds 100.
- The school shows are only available for registered kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, post-secondary institutions and universities in Hong Kong (expect private schools offering educational courses such as tutorial, commercial, language and computer courses).
- School groups with 20 or more members and at least 15 students among them, and special school groups with 10 or more members, are eligible for booking of school shows.
- Ticket price for students: $16
- Bookings are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Schools should submit their bookings at least 1 month and at most 3 months before the month of the show. The museum accepts bookings from the first working day of the month, for example, if the show is arranged on 30 September, the earliest date to submit the booking form is on 1 June. Schools can return the completed form by the following methods:
a) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
b) Fax to 2721 2361
c) Mail to Hiring and Sales Unit, Hong Kong Space Museum, 10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
- For enquiry, please call 2734 2720