"Secrets of the Universe 3D" immerses you in a journey guided by some of the most brilliant minds to seek the answer to the greatest mysteries of our time – how did the Universe originate and evolve into its present state?
Our science adventure begins as we travel to visit the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), the biggest machine ever built and the most powerful scientific instrument ever created. We get an inside look at the machine and come to understand just what it means to do science, teaming up for the flag of humanity to solve the Universe's greatest mysteries.
The journey does not end here. We then visit the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO), the amazing research facility that recently confirmed Einstein's century-old prediction of the existence of gravitational waves. All along the way, we flash back to history's giants of science, providing context to humanity's path to understanding and the instruments developed to help us see more clearly than we ever could before. These icons, along with their modern-day counterparts, inspire each of us to reach further.
Humanity is at the edge of unprecedented scientific discovery. And we can all be a part of it.
Mon, Wed, Thu and Fri (except public holiday)
10:30am and 11:30am
*Applications for booking of school shows will be accepted if the number of participants satisfies the minimum requirement of 100. In case there are less than 100 participants for a booking, the Museum may arrange for a show at discretion if the total number of participants from all schools under application on the day exceeds 100.
- The school shows are only available for registered kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, post-secondary institutions and universities in Hong Kong (expect private schools offering educational courses such as tutorial, commercial, language and computer courses).
- School groups with 20 or more members and at least 15 students among them, and special school groups with 10 or more members, are eligible for booking of school shows.
- Ticket price for students: $16
- Bookings are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Schools should submit their bookings at least 1 month and at most 3 months before the month of the show. The museum accepts bookings from the first working day of the month, for example, if the show is arranged on 30 September, the earliest date to submit the booking form is on 1 June. Schools can return the completed form by the following methods:
a) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
b) Fax to 2721 2361
c) Mail to Hiring and Sales Unit, Hong Kong Space Museum, 10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
- For enquiry, please call 2734 2720